Top 10 Reasons to Work with a Travel Agent When Planning Your Honeymoon or Vacation:
When the time has finally come to start planning your next vacation or your dream honeymoon, you basically have two options. You can do everything by yourself, or you can enlist the help of a travel agent. If you are the type of person who is technically savvy, has plenty of free time and likes to have complete hands-on control, then you may want to go ahead and plan your own vacation. Also, if you need something simple, like a flight to Boston, or hotel room in Nashville, then booking your own travel online is a safe bet. However, if you are planning something a little more complicated and are open to getting a some help, then working with a travel agent should be something to seriously consider.
I will have to admit, before I became a travel agent, I always booked my own travel. One of the main reasons is because I erroneously associated working with a travel agent as costing more money than if I did things on my own. Now that I am a travel agent, I see how naive this was because as it turns out, I was dead wrong. Many travel agents today not only offer free service, but they can also actually save you money. In fact, a recent study done by the American Society of Travel Agents found that working with “Travel Agents Save Consumers an Average of $452 Per Trip.”
If you have not worked with a travel agency in the past, or if it’s been a long time, perhaps you haven’t explored all the reasons a travel professional can make your life easier. So to break things down, here are the top 10 reasons to work with a travel agent when planning your next vacation or honeymoon:
1. You get free service. Many people are simply unaware that many travel agencies are compensated by travel suppliers (i.e. hotels, resorts, cruise lines, car rental agencies etc.), not by their clients. Although some travel agencies do charge a fee, (always check to be sure) many offer free service. At Tropical Travel Boutique, you will never pay any more for our personal service and expertise than you would to book your vacation yourself and you will never be charged any fees.
2. You save time. The average consumer spends at least 5 hours researching, planning and comparing prices online when booking their own vacation. Couples planning a honeymoon spend considerably more. In today's busy world, not everyone has that much time to spare. You can simply delegate this task while retaining the authority to make final selections and decisions.
3. You get the best deal possible. Travel agents have access to pricing and insider information that is not available to the general public. Maybe you found the best deal available online, but maybe you didn’t! Only a travel agent will know for sure. When planning your vacation or honeymoon, we carefully examine all preferred suppliers in order to find the best value for your money. Plus, we can typically match, if not beat, any prices you may find online. Just make sure if you are price shopping that you compare apples to apples. Maybe that price you found online looks better than the one quoted by your travel agent until you realize the travel time is twice as long.
4. You can make payments in installments. When using an online travel site, you usually have to pay for everything up front. Most of our travel packages only require an initial deposit to confirm your reservation and additional payments can be made in installments. You can even setup a custom payment schedule that works best for you. This added flexibility makes paying for a vacation much easier for many of our clients.
5. You can work with a person rather than a computer. It can be very reassuring to finalize all of the details of your trip with a person rather than a nameless, faceless website. When was the last time the Internet listened to your preferences and then carefully planned a trip specifically for you?
6. You can stop feeling overwhelmed. When it comes to travel, there are so many options! Tropical Travel Boutique has already done the work for you and carefully handpicked destinations and resorts that are most ideal for a tropical vacation or honeymoon making it easier to narrow down your best options based on your unique preferences. While you are working at your job all day, excelling at whatever it is you do, travel agents are living and breathing all things travel, all day long, so they are much more familiar with all the best options available to you. Work with a travel agent, and stop the madness!
7. You avoid the pitfalls found with online travel websites. Online travel websites are popular, however they provide very little service, and you do all the work! Don’t take the risk of showing up at your destination only to learn your resort has been overbooked and don’t get stuck with one of the worst rooms on the property.
8. You can be sure nothing is left to chance. Travel agents can educate you on critical issues that you might overlook, such as travel advisories or warnings for destinations, ensuring your layover is long enough to get through customs, immigration and security and the availability of travel insurance. When you book your own travel, there are things you may miss because quite frankly, it’s just not something you do every day.
9. You have someone proactively look out for your best interests. A travel agent can work with the airlines to get the best possible seat selections available and an agent can also contact your hotel to request special perks and the best room available within your room category. When was the last time the Internet did that for you?
10. You have help if something goes wrong. This perhaps may be the single most important reason to work with a travel agent. A travel agent is your biggest advocate and will do everything possible to help you if necessary. If you missed your flight or have concerns about your hotel after checking in, you can simply contact your travel agent and get the help you need.
So there you have it. You can certainly plan your own travels, but for many circumstances it just makes the more sense to work with a travel agent. I am ready to assist you and my service is free, so contact me today by clicking here, or email email@example.com. I look forward to talking to you!
P.S. Like this article? Pin it!